31 Aug License Changes of ExtremeCloudTM IQ Connect, a freemium tier of Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks is going to replace the ExtremeCloud IQ Connect (free license) tier for customers managing more than 10 devices in the coming months. This change will not affect many customers and partners using ExtremeCloud IQ Connect. Affected users will see notifications when they log in starting this month. Find out more in this blog post!
In 2HCY23, changes are planned for ExtremeCloudTM IQ Connect, a freemium tier of ExtremeCloud IQ. There are two types of changes for the Connect tier:
– Maximum 10 devices supported per account/per VIQ
– Limited availability of advanced features.
The goal is to minimize the impact to customers, so we are phasing in and offering a grace period. This process generates upsell opportunities to ExtremeCloud IQ Pilot or CoPilot for partners.
Timeline with key dates
Notify all Connect customers that changes are coming via ExtremeCloud IQ banner
- Cannot add additional devices if there are already 10 devices (access points + switches)
- Cannot add a new network policy if there are already 2 policies in place
- Cannot add a new SSID if there are already 4 SSIDs
- Inform customers with more than 10 devices that this will affect them via the ExtremeCloud IQ banner
End of December 2023:
- Automatically move all Connect customers with more than 10 devices to the Pilot level.
- A 30-day grace period will be initiated.
- Maximum 10 devices (access points + switches) in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect tier
End of January 2024:
- Email and banner to notify users that the grace period is over
- Devices above the device license limit will be unattended