We use functional and statistical cookies to give you the best experience on our site. These cookies are the minimum required to make the website function properly. They map, completely anonymously, your usage for analysis and research purposes.
We do not use commercial cookies for recommendations or advertisements.
You can find out more about the cookies we use here.
- This event has passed.
Basic Networking and Security Training for non-technicals
Tue 9 February, 2021 @ 9:00 am - Wed 10 February, 2021 @ 12:00 pm€590
An all-round knowledge of technology is not only a basic requirement for new and experienced salespeople who want to stay up to speed. You can also use the course to inform administrative personnel and internal sales and purchasers on the concepts of the IT jargon they face in their jobs on a daily basis.
What can you learn in this training?
In this training, you will learn about the basic concepts of network and security environments. The trainer provides you with clear answers to the following questions:
- What are the components of a network and what are they used for?
- What’s an OSI model, what is a router, firewall, in fact, every common component of a network…
- What are the pitfalls when using Wi-Fi solutions?
- How does mail work and more?
In the security part, you will learn about threats and how you can protect your network from them. Additionally, the training focusses on the following questions:
- How do you handle ransomware or protect an e-commerce site?
- How do you manage BYOD?
- Where is the Cloud?
- How does virtualization work?
- Why do we still need backup?
The general voice of this training is commercial. The sales approach will help you reach your targets better through cross-selling and asking the right questions. With a role-playing exercise at the end of the day, the trainee practices the theory in a safe and informal environment. This training is vendor-neutral and brings you a general market story as an independent technology-based – but not deep technical- training.
This course is designed for sales, administrative personnel and internal sales who are new to network and security concepts, or who are in need of a refresh training.
- Basic Networking (MAC & IP addresses, TCP, DHCP, Switching, Cabling, VLAN, …)
- Connected networks (Routers, WAN vs LAN, VPN, WiFi)
- Internet (WWW, URL, DNS, Translation)
- Homeworking & BYOD (NAC, Radius, MDM, SSL VPN, RDS, VDI, …)
- Email (Basics, MX, SMPT, POP3, IMAP, Exchange)
- Threats (Malware, Ransomware, C&C, Botnet, Vulnerabilities)
- Prevention (Social Engineering, Sniffing, Typosquatting, Endpoint protection)
- Firewall (IPS, NextGen, SSL, Advanced Threat detection, WAF, Email Security, MITM, …)
- Virtualization (Hypervisor, vmotion, …)
- Cloud (Datacenter, Hosting, Housing, *AAS, Azure, AWS)
- Backup & Archiving (Replication, RPO, RTO, Archiving, …)
- Performance (WAN Link- & Load balancing, QoS, …)
- Various (MPLS, Hybrid, IoT, PoE, VOIP, …)
- Analysing and reporting (SNMP, SIEM, …)
This is a 2 half-day, classroom-based training from 9.00 to 12.00 with both theory and exercises (role-playing) and practicalities.
Frédéric Van Walle is Presales Engineer at Kappa Data with more than 20 years of experience in IT, including Networking, Security, Virtualization and Storage.
Evaluation is a continuous process by Kappa Data, so your feedback will be asked during the training. At the end of the training, you will also receive a full survey where you can add your feedback.
Dear participant, more information with the access link for the online training will be sent to you 48 hours in advance.