Sophos Certified Architect XG : September 9-11
Location: Kappa Data Headquarters / 9.00 - 17.00 (3 days)
Training: Sophos XG Architect v17.5
Sophos certified Architect training consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content. Copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee. Due to the nature of delivery, and the varying experiences of the trainees, open discussion is encouraged during the training.
This technical training is intended for resellers and end-users that want to level their knowledge and expertise of Sophos XG Firewalls and become a Sophos XG v17.5 Certified Architect
Prior to taking this training, you should:
- Have completed and passed the Sophos XG Firewall Certified Engineer course and any subsequent delta modules up to version 17.5
- A good understanding of IT Security
- Experience in configuring network security devices
- Experience with Windows networking and the ability to troubleshoot issues
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to
- Deploy XG Firewall in complex network environments
- Explain how XG Firewall processes traffic and use this information to inform the configuration
- Configure advanced networking and protection features
- Protect Web Appliances using the Web Server Protection
- Size hardware, virtual and Software XG Firewalls for a given set of requirements
- Complete PoC
- Recall important information from the Engineer Course
- Deployment modes
- Network Protection
- Web Server Protection
- Site-to-Site Connections
- Synchronized Security
- Remote Access
- High Availability
- Sizing and Troubleshooting
Each student will be provided with a pre-configured environment which simulates a company network with two sites, a head office and a branch office and contains Windows Servers, a Windows Desktop and three XG Firewalls.
To become a Sophos Certified Architect, trainees must take and pass an online assessment. The assessment tests their knowledge of both the presented and practical content. The pass mark for the assessment is 80% and is limited to 3 attempts.
This is a 3 days classroom based training of which approximately 8 hours will be spent on the practical exercises.
Lunch is included in the training
Tanguy Derriks, Certified Trainer
Evaluation is a continuous process at Kappa Data so your feedback will be asked during the training. At the end of the training, you will also receive a full survey where you can add your feedback.
Found in most company IT environments. The entire network infrastructure is interconnected, and can be used for internal communication, external communications or both. A typical network infrastructure includes...