Networking & Security Training for Technicians - March 10, 2020
Location: Kappa Data Headquarters / 09:00-05:00
You can combine this training together with the Wi-FI Technology training (11/03/2020). Contact our sales for more information: email@example.com.
Whether you have just graduated, or you have immersed yourself in the world of information technology in recent years, it will be clear to you that your education is not entirely in line with reality. In this training, we go over all the important terms that you encounter as a system engineer in networking and security. Even though it is technical education, the terms are marketed in a clear way.
What can you learn in this training?
In this training, you will learn about the basic concepts of network and security environments.
- The trainer provides you with clear answers to the following questions:
- What are the components of a network and what are they used for?
- What’s an OSI model, what is a router, firewall, in fact, every common component of a network…
- What are the pitfalls when using Wi-Fi solutions?
- How does mail work and more?
In the security part, you will learn about threats and how you can protect your network from them. Additionally, the training focusses on the following questions:
- How do you handle ransomware or protect an e-commerce site?
- How do you manage BYOD?
- Where is the Cloud?
- How does virtualization work?
- Why do we still need backup?
The general approach of the training is technical. There is also a sales-oriented course that partially covers the same components, but in this course, we go deeper technically. It is sometimes said that technical people are the best sellers. That is why enough attention is paid to recognizing opportunities. The sales skills of technical persons are challenged.
Just graduated technical people, self-taught people, presales consultants without extensive technical knowledge, technicians who come from a different field…
With a role-playing exercise at the end of the day, the trainee practices the theory in a safe and informal environment.
- Basic Networking (MAC & IP addresses, TCP, DHCP, Switching, Cabling, VLAN, …)
- Connected networks (Routers, WAN vs LAN, VPN, WiFi)
- Internet (WWW, URL, DNS, Translation)
- Homeworking & BYOD (NAC, Radius, MDM, SSL VPN, RDS, VDI, …)
- Email (Basics, MX, SMPT, POP3, IMAP, Exchange)
- Threats (Malware, Ransomware, C&C, Botnet, Vulnerabilities)
- Prevention (Social Engineering, Sniffing, Typosquatting, Endpoint protection)
- Firewall (IPS, NextGen, SSL, Advanced Threat detection, WAF, Email Security, MITM, …)
- Virtualization (Hypervisor, vmotion, …)
- Cloud (Datacenter, Hosting, Housing, *AAS, Azure, AWS)
- Backup & Archiving (Replication, RPO, RTO, Archiving, …)
- Performance (WAN Link- & Load balancing, QoS, …)
- Various (MPLS, Hybrid, IoT, PoE, VOIP, …)
- Analysing and reporting (SNMP, SIEM, …)
- This training is vendor-neutral and brings you a general market story as an independent technology-based – but not deep technical training.
This is a 1 day, classroom-based training with both theory and exercises (role-playing) and practicalities.
Lunch is included in the training.
Frédéric Van Walle is Presales Engineer at Kappa Data with more than 20 years of experience in IT, including Networking, Security, Virtualization and Storage. Frédéric has a natural talent to explain complex technical stuff in human language with the right amount of Sales.
Evaluation is a continuous process by Kappa Data, so your feedback will be asked during the training. At the end of the training, you will also receive a full survey where you can add your feedback.
Found in most company IT environments. The entire network infrastructure is interconnected, and can be used for internal communication, external communications or both. A typical network infrastructure includes...